What's in a name? Matt was starting his blog a few weeks ago and asked for a suggestion for a name. My immediate thought was "Fish Out of Water," but I realized that was more appropriate for something that I would write. He may feel the same way sometimes, but I'm more of a fish. That left him searching for a blog name and me with a name but a distinct lack of creative thought as to what to do with it.
Having a name became a nagging issue - wasn't that supposed to be the hardest part? Was it only a stroke of good fortune? I'd been meaning to start writing again, at least for the short term, to exercise the right side of my brain. I don't delude myself into thinking that I have anything to say that many other people would care about, but maybe a few of my thoughts will interest some. And if not, at least it'll be a welcome distraction from the daily grind of engineering.
So the goals of this blog are simple: provide an outlet for any writing impulse I may have, a corner of the internet where I may talk about living and working and trying to sort out what it is my life is going to be. Adjust to the feeling of being a fish out of water or somehow work my way back to a pond.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment